I can see already that we are going to enjoy this one. For instance, type "game theory" and it appears that most activity is coming from Bangalore, India. Note that by activity, it is the share of searches in a location devoted to the keyword. So it is not the absolute number of searches. Here are some other interesting ones:
- "Download television": Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane are all in the Top 5 (No.1 is Delhi)
- "Auctions": Sydney, Adelaide and Auckland are all in the top 5
- "Survivor": Sydney is in the top 5 but all the rest are Canadian
- "Battlestar Galactica": Perth and Brisbane are in the top 5
- "Star Wars": Australia is the top region
- "Melbourne Business School": Melbourne is number 1 but the next three are all in India before we get to Sydney.
- "AGSM": now this is interesting the two top cities (by a long long way) are both in Italy (Verona and Padova) followed by Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
- "MBA": all of the top searchers are from India (by a long way).
This has got to be a good instrument for some regression somewhere.